You are unique and so is your body! Before starting any new health routine, always be sure to talk with your doctor to make sure it is right for your needs.
If weight loss is one of your health & fitness goals, then meal planning can be a beneficial tool for you. When done effectively, meal planning will help you create a calorie deficit while still providing your body with the healthy nutrition it needs to function well. Ultimately, this is what leads to healthy, sustainable weight loss.
What is Included in a Weight Loss Meal Plan
When trying to safely and sustainably lose weight, it’s important that you don’t just cut calories – but that you also give your body the nutrients it needs to be healthy and function well for you.
Food is fuel, and you have to eat to lose. A good meal plan that supports weight loss will include:
- Plenty of protein and fiber
- Little to no processed foods or added sugar
- Lots of plants (fruits and veggies)
How to Stick to a Meal Plan
A meal plan is only helpful to you if you can stick with it! Here are some ideas on how to make meal planning a part of your routine.
- Pick your recipes: Keep them simple and ensure that you have enough variety to keep things interesting.
- Schedule your grocery trips: Look at your calendar each week to figure out which days you will have time to go to the grocery store.
- Make a list and take it with you: Stick to the list and avoid adding any junk food or sweet treats to that cart!
- Cook in batches: Have a couple free hours on a Saturday afternoon? Go ahead and roast up a big sheet pan of veggies.
- Double recipes: Making a pot of soup for weekday lunches? Double the recipe and throw some in the freezer. Now you’ve got premade meals that you can pull out for those days when the fridge is empty and you’re tempted to order pizza.
Let Us Help You Embrace the Journey
At Baer-Fit, our certified trainers work closely with you to understand your unique fitness goals and design customized workout and meal plans to get you there. Not only do we provide you with the roadmap to get you where you want to go, but we are with you each step of the way, holding you accountable and celebrating all the milestones.
To learn more, visit our Contact page and send us a message! We can’t wait to learn more about you.