You are unique and so is your body! Before starting any new health routine, always be sure to talk with your doctor to make sure it is right for your needs.
Meal planning and prep are excellent ways to make major progress in achieving your health and fitness goals. Having the right supplies is key to meal planning success. Do you have any of these items?
- Glass Food Containers: Whether you are batch cooking your food or you are making individual meals for the week, glass containers are a sturdy, eco-friendly option that come in all different sizes and shapes. They can go in the microwave, dishwasher and freezer, making them a versatile option for your meal prep. You can even save money by repurposing old sauce jars for soups, oats, and more.
- Food Scale: If you want to lose weight, it is important to ensure you are not overeating. Many of us have a tendency to underestimate how big our portions are, so a digital food scale can help take some of the guesswork out of your meals.
- Reusable Bags: Do the planet a solid and consider opting for reusable bags instead of plastic bags. There are many brands offering reusable food bags in just about any shape and size you might need, and many of them are dishwasher safe! Not only are they great for food storage, you can also use them for kitchen tasks like marinating meat. Give them a try!
- Sheet Pan: One of the best tools for batch cooking is the workhorse of the kitchen, the trusty sheet pan. Sheet pans come in a variety of sizes, allowing you to easily roast anything from a small batch of potatoes to a huge spread of veggies.
- Salad Dressing Containers: Wanting to eat more salads? These dressing containers make it possible to have a fresh, crisp salad for lunch on the go without a mess! As a plus, they are eco-friendly and dishwasher safe!
- Parchment Paper: Want to know one of the secrets to being a meal prep rockstar? Easy clean up! When you have spent all your energy on slicing, dicing and cooking, the last thing you will want to do is a pile of dishes. Parchment paper can help eliminate some of the scrubbing, meaning you can get back to your day even faster!
- InstantPot: While not every kitchen gadget is worth its weight in gold, a pressure cooker or slow cooker most certainly is. Even better, there are now products like the InstantPot that does both! These devices are handy because all you have to do is get the ingredients going, then the cooker does all the, well, cooking! You go on about your day and return to a delicious-smelling kitchen! Clean up is easy – just one pan! And while a slow cooker will cook all day, the pressure cooking function on the InstantPot will deliver slow cooker results in a fraction of the time. There are many different styles, so check out all the options to find what’s right for you!
Let Us Help You Embrace the Journey
At Baer-Fit, our certified trainers work closely with you to understand your unique fitness goals and design customized workout and meal plans to get you there. Not only do we provide you with the roadmap to get you where you want to go, but we are with you each step of the way, holding you accountable and celebrating all the milestones.
To learn more, visit our Contact page and send us a message! We can’t wait to learn more about you.